Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Format of last e-book you read was...?
Online / HTML 0 0%
Kindle (mobi, topaz, wev) 74 33.04%
ePUB 148 66.07%
PDF 8 3.57%
Word DOC 1 0.45%
RTF 2 0.89%
LRF 4 1.79%
PDB 0 0%
Plain Text 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Last e-Book Format You Read

It's time for an UNUTTERABLY SILLY POLL!

What was the format of the last e-book book you read?

Poll options taken from Smashwords lists. Gimme a second.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
I thought about reading one of my .lit books before answering...polls aren't allowed to run smoothely here.

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Just finished reading this on my Kindle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	honor.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	83724  
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Reading as an Epub on my Nook Color.

Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
It's all ePUB here.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Currently reading an ePub on my T1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10109398.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	83726  
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What format did the last ebook I read start out life as?... or what format did I end up reading it in?

What the heck's a wev?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Does that include re-formatted books? I have a Nook but I buy some books from Amazon and convert them to ePub. So I checked ePub and mobi because I'm reading two books right now, one bought from B&N and the other from Amazon.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #9
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Even if it was originally downloaded as a different format, ePub is the format in which I read.

I've never created a poll, but I think this poll should have used radio buttons instead of check boxes.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
.mobi, I believe. Either way, it was some Amazon something or other.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
Keloff
Electronic media explorer
Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation), iPad 2
I was reviewing one of the PDF books by Bookboon. They're apparently doing really well with their free-with-ads textbook model, which they started in Denmark.
Keloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #12
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Mine was FB2 (as is 90% of what I read) but that option doesn't seem to be there :-(

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Actually, I'm happy for the checkboxes instead of the radio buttons. I frequently read a fiction (typically ePub) and non-fiction (PDF or dead tree) concurrently. And it just doesn't seem right to say one or the other when there may be a 2 hour gap between them.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What format did the last ebook I read start out life as?... or what format did I end up reading it in?

What the heck's a wev?
What did you read it in?

"Wev" is short for "whatever", because I know I missed some.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #15
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Even if it was originally downloaded as a different format, ePub is the format in which I read.

I've never created a poll, but I think this poll should have used radio buttons instead of check boxes.
I love that no matter which way I go, someone complains about whether the poll is multi-choice or not, because I guarantee that if I'd used radio, someone would have said "both, because I was reading on my Sony but then I got called away and had to finish on my phone's Kindle app."

And by "love", I mean "dread". It's an UNUTTERABLY SILLY POLL, it's not supposed to be perfect, so can we dial back the nit-pickery? Please?