Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Carriebear
Polar Bear
Carriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook Color (rooted), iPod Touch (jailbroken)
Trying to upgrade to latest CM7...

I'm running CM7 encore 7.0.2 through sdcard on my Nook Color, and I'm trying to upgrade to 7.0.3. I downloaded the latest zip using Rom Manager, and I choose to backup and wipe cache/data when prompted, then choose to reboot into clockworkmod recovery and install.

But the upgrade doesn't install, it just stays on 7.0.2. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong? It seems as if it's not rebooting into recovery mode.

Also, for those of you who have successfully upgraded, are there major benefits in it, instead of just sticking with 7.0.2?
Carriebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
If you are running from an sdcard, there is a different process to update. Rom Manager is designed to update the internal memory. I only run from internal memory, so I can't help you too much, but you need to search for how update your sdcard image. (or switch to running cm7 from your internal!)
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
Carriebear
Polar Bear
Carriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook Color (rooted), iPod Touch (jailbroken)
Hi, thanks for your response. I figured out about Rom Manager when I took my sdcard out to try out another rom on another sdcard and Rom Manager booted up. To be honest I LOVE CM7 but I'm scared to put it on my internal memory, I'm a real newbie at stuff like this and I'm afraid I'd mess everything up.
Carriebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
For most SD installs, you update by downloading the .zip on your computer, putting it on the SD card using a card reader (you should only see one small partition on the SD card), then putting the card back in the NC and booting into recovery by holding both the power and 'n' buttons for about six seconds when you power on the NC (if you miss the timing, just keep trying). The SD card's 'recovery' should be an automatic installer that will install the update for you.

Also, you don't need to wipe data--that's just making more work for yourself setting everything up again.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote