Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2022, 04:19 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Got an email from Amazon with this Offer:

As a Kindle Unlimited member, you're qualified to receive 25% off an ad-supported Kindle Paperwhite when you purchase with monthly payments. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite features a 6.8” display and thinner borders, adjustable warm light, up to 10 weeks of battery life, and 20% faster page turns.

Yet I can NOT find it to buy.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 02-02-2022 at 04:24 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Kindl...ps%2C95&sr=8-1
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2022, 06:31 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Out of stock.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:40 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Out of stock.
In stock in the US and I see the offer when I click on the link.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:43 PM   #5
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I got the email offer but clicking on the image in the email only took me to KU, not to the Paperwhite page.

Course I really don't need another Kindle...right?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2022, 07:09 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Copyrite that's what I also got...
Old 02-02-2022, 07:09 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post

Well, when I go to this link everything seems ok. But must be able to get on payments to get the 25% off I don't see that

Last edited by Barbara1955; 02-02-2022 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:15 PM   #8
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5179E478-7BC9-4464-B177-011B95BF7ABA.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	192092  
Old 02-02-2022, 08:09 PM   #9
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
I see this:
I see the same thing.

Just for fun I selected the monthly payments option and added it to my cart. There it shows five payments of $21 instead of $28 for a total of $108, a 25% savings over $140.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cart.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	192093  
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:18 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Nope I don't get the discount 5 payments @ $28 = $140

I had to drop the Free 3 months unlimited to get the payment plan
Old 02-03-2022, 12:39 AM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
As a Kindle Unlimited member, you're qualified to receive 25% off an ad-supported Kindle Paperwhite when you purchase with monthly payments. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite features a 6.8” display and thinner borders, adjustable warm light, up to 10 weeks of battery life, and 20% faster page turns.

Yet I can NOT find it to buy.
I see the "Unlimited Membership" payments offer also but, like you, there's no way to take advantage of it. Unlike you, I never got an email from Amazon about this so it's odd that it shows up at all for me. I've attached the screen of what I see. So those who see the other screen can understand how it's different.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	offer.png
Views:	1408
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	192097  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:45 AM   #12
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I see the "Unlimited Membership" payments offer also but, like you, there's no way to take advantage of it. Unlike you, I never got an email from Amazon about this so it's odd that it shows up at all for me. I've attached the screen of what I see. So those who see the other screen can understand how it's different.
I saw the same thing. I think it’s ham-handed marketing; it shows for anyone who’s got KU, but the Terms and Conditions say it’s a targeted offer not available to all KU subscribers.

Makes no nevermind to me, but it’s a good way to annoy people who see an offer they don’t qualify for.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:51 AM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I saw the same thing. I think it’s ham-handed marketing; it shows for anyone who’s got KU, but the Terms and Conditions say it’s a targeted offer not available to all KU subscribers.

Makes no nevermind to me, but it’s a good way to annoy people who see an offer they don’t qualify for.
That's what it looked like to me also. Not that it really annoys since 1) I'm not in the market for the new Paperwhite and 2) Even if I was I have zero interest in Kindle Unlimited and wouldn't sign up for it just to get this deal anyhow.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:31 PM   #14
Deskisamess
Wizard

I never got the email, but do get the offer if I go to checkout. So so tempting.

Gave in to the temptation. Going to list the Oasis on eBay.

Last edited by Deskisamess; 02-03-2022 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:56 PM   #15
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara 2E, Libra 2, Libra Colour
Quote:
I never got the email, but do get the offer if I go to checkout. So so tempting.

Gave in to the temptation. Going to list the Oasis on eBay.
Oh wow! That is big news! I’m getting tempted too! I LOVE the screen of my Oasis, but not the shape or the metal. I do think they will release a new Oasis soonish though, so I’m trying to wait.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote