Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-09-2016, 11:25 PM   #1
Mamaijee
Connoisseur
Mamaijee doesn't litterMamaijee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Missing Metadata

I always download metadata and then convert book. Previously after converting the metadata would be at the begining of the converted book. But recently, say last 2 weeks or so, there is no metadata in the beginging of the book after conversion.

I tried highlighting the books and then going to preferences and going to Embed metadata but still no metadata!!!

Where am I going wrong?

Pls help
Thank you
mamaijee
Mamaijee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:42 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Your conversion options have probably been changed to no longer insert a Metadata Jacket.
Note that a previously converted book will have the conversion settings cached for later, rather than always using the defaults. There is an option in Bulk Edit Metadata to clear saved conversion settings for selected books.

Embed Metadata will not update or add a Metadata jacket, but Polish Book will.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
Mamaijee
Connoisseur

Thank you for your reply
In my conversion options , under Structure Detection, I do have ticked "Insert Metadata as page at start of book". Like always.
Where can I find Polish Book in Preferences.
At what stage does the metadata get added on, after conversion?

Thank you
Old 05-10-2016, 03:49 PM   #4
Mamaijee
Connoisseur

Hello again
I figured it out by trial and error. Pls ignore above msg.
Thank you for input in right direction
All the best
Old 05-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Happy to help.

If you don't mind my curiosity -- what eventually turned out to be the problem? (This is useful information anyway, in case someone else comes across this thread in a Google search.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2016, 01:44 PM   #6
Mamaijee
Connoisseur

Hello
I truly dont know what happened to change the norm. For ages I had been downloading metadata and then converting books. Then suddenly the metadata stopped showing in the begining of the book. Only thing I can think of is that maybe after installing an update, I tweaked around something I shouldnt do (I am in the habit of fidgeting like that ) maybe then I changed some setting unknowingly

What I did do was agian by trial and error, I removed in Bulk Edit Metadata "saved conversion settings for selected books." Then in Mobi output options I removed the tick from "Put generated toc at beginning instead of end". I don't remember that Tick being there previously. And I also in saving books to disk. I removed the tick from the option "save metadata in separate OPF file"

Dont know what actually worked but I am so happy that it is back at the begining of the book, because without it I am totally lost when choosing something to read,

Best wishes
mamaijee