Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Clawdia
Connoisseur
Clawdia is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle (K3, DXG)
Kindle Exchange

I received my replacement Kindle Keyboard (K3) today - the one I bought last month had a wiggly page turn button as I've mentioned elsewhere. The new one is fine, and the screen is even slightly lighter.

I got an email stating that I was to keep the power cord, etc., that came with my original Kindle - and was told this by the customer service rep yesterday - and that led me to believe there wouldn't be a cord included in with the new Kindle; however, there was everything in the box that was with my original Kindle including the USB and power cord.

Is this the way it usually works, and I'm expected to return the new power cord, etc., back to Amazon along with the Kindle that I'm returning?
Clawdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You should ask them.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool the usual way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdia View Post
I received my replacement Kindle Keyboard (K3) today - the one I bought last month had a wiggly page turn button as I've mentioned elsewhere. The new one is fine, and the screen is even slightly lighter.

I got an email stating that I was to keep the power cord, etc., that came with my original Kindle - and was told this by the customer service rep yesterday - and that led me to believe there wouldn't be a cord included in with the new Kindle; however, there was everything in the box that was with my original Kindle including the USB and power cord.

Is this the way it usually works, and I'm expected to return the new power cord, etc., back to Amazon along with the Kindle that I'm returning?
yes, it is the usual way. they don't know which package you'll get, the one with no cord or wall charger, the one with just a cord or the one with both. it's kinda' hit or miss
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
What I did is just transffered the new cord to the old box. once you unravel them they don't go back to fitting as good in the box. The K4 box is very dainty compared to the K3 one. I even took the plastic screen protector off and put it on the old K4.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
With how the cords tend to fall apart, it's no wonder they don't want you to send them back.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert