Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2023, 12:53 PM   #1
johnrsmith
Enthusiast
johnrsmith began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
How do I go to a bookmark?

I figured out how to create a bookmark. But then how to do go to that bookmark when I re-open Kindle? I'm using the Android app if that matters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anslem.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	201443  
johnrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 01:04 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Unless something has changed, tap at top of screen, tap the column of 3 dots on the right of the drop down, tap on My Notes and Marks.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2023, 02:26 PM   #3
Canis_lupus
Enthusiast
Canis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmos

Device: K2, K3, Touch, K5B, Voyage, PW4, Oasis 1, 2 & 3, PW5
On e-ink, tap the top of the screen, tap the bookmark icon.

The top number is where you currently are and pressing that creates a new bookmark.

Under the solid line are the bookmarks already created shown with page or location and chapter.

Tap on one of them and a preview window pops up showing that bookmarked page.

Tap on the preview window to go to that bookmark.

Think this works the same way for the apps.
Canis_lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 03:00 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis_lupus View Post
It doesn't (at least not on Kindle for Android).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 05:25 PM   #5
Canis_lupus
Enthusiast
Canis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmos

Device: K2, K3, Touch, K5B, Voyage, PW4, Oasis 1, 2 & 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
It doesn't (at least not on Kindle for Android).
Hmmm… Just downloaded a Kindle book on an iPad and it is different than e-ink and j.p.s description. Don’t know if this is different than Android.

Bookmarks on an Apple device:

Create a bookmark by tapping on the top right part of the screen or tapping the top of the screen and then tapping the bookmark icon.

To go to a bookmark, tap the top of the screen and then the icon that looks like a page (next to the search tool on the top right side).

My notebook is pulled up with notes, highlights and bookmarks.

Top left slider icon allows selecting bookmarks only.
Canis_lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2023, 05:27 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis_lupus View Post
On e-ink, tap the top of the screen, tap the bookmark icon.

The top number is where you currently are and pressing that creates a new bookmark.

Under the solid line are the bookmarks already created shown with page or location and chapter.

Tap on one of them and a preview window pops up showing that bookmarked page.

Tap on the preview window to go to that bookmark.

Nope.

The OP is using one of the Kindle apps, it is much different than Kindle devices. You can toggle bookmark on and off, but to navigate to the location for an existing one, you need to either go to the Notebook find and tap on them there, or use page preview (with books that support that view) and scroll through those until you see pages with bookmarks.

It's considerably less efficient than Kindle to jump among them, particularly if you are also highlighting and making notes. You can set a filter to show only Bookmarks but it is in effect only for as long as Notebook is open (however, on iPad Notebook opens in a separate pane so you can read and see your Notebook simultaneously and navigate these independently, which is pretty nice).

iPad app excepted, I like Kindle's implementation better, but don't expect they'll ever port it to the apps.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-07-2023 at 05:34 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 08:55 PM   #7
johnrsmith
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Unless something has changed, tap at top of screen, tap the column of 3 dots on the right of the drop down, tap on My Notes and Marks.
Hmmm. What am I missing here? I don't see those options when I tap on the 3 dots. See attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no bookmark.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	201458  
Old 05-07-2023, 09:12 PM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrsmith View Post
Hmmm. What am I missing here? I don't see those options when I tap on the 3 dots. See attachment.
Bookmarks will be in the notebook. That is the icon with horizontal lines between the magnifying glass and Aa.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 02:41 PM   #9
johnrsmith
Enthusiast

SOLVED: How do I go to a bookmark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Bookmarks will be in the notebook. That is the icon with horizontal lines between the magnifying glass and Aa.
Thank you. That is also where I find highlighted passages.