Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-15-2024, 05:09 AM   #1
Shucking5230
Shucking5230 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Talking Blocking updates with Kindle's hosts file

I already renamed otaupd and otav3 using BinaryRemover.

I wanted to also block updates with the hosts file.
I read earlier the following url: firs-ta-g7g.amazon.com can be further used to block updates but that was a posted 2 years ago, are there more urls that need to be blocked now?

Can someone please guide me where to find the hosts file? My PW4 is jailbroken and has KOReader installed. Will I run into issues if I use the hosts file to block updates?
Shucking5230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:56 PM   #2
darkassassinua
Kindle priest
darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!darkassassinua is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shucking5230 View Post
I already renamed otaupd and otav3 using BinaryRemover.
thats enough for block updates
darkassassinua is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert