Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
ruddell
Enthusiast
ruddell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
2 Kindles on same account??

I recently got a kindle 2 and love it. I've downloaded several books already, and my girlfriend naturally now wants one as well. My question is should we link the two kindles on the same account? From what I can tell, it looks like the biggest problem comes if both people are reading the same book at the same time, as the "last page read" is synched to the amazon account, as are any highlights or notations. (I should mention we are both students currently).

Has anyone linked 2 kindles on the same account? What has been your results? Is it possible to set up a separate account for the 2nd kindle, and switch back and forth between the two accounts as desired, using the register and deregister functions? Also, if you download a book onto your kindle, then deregister from the account and register with a different account, will it delete the book(s) you previously downloaded?

Thanks
ruddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Just turn off auto-sync. Then you should be fine.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddell View Post
Is it possible to set up a separate account for the 2nd kindle, and switch back and forth between the two accounts as desired, using the register and deregister functions? Also, if you download a book onto your kindle, then deregister from the account and register with a different account, will it delete the book(s) you previously downloaded?
I would say yes and no. But, pretty easy to try out. Let us know your results.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote