Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-15-2022, 12:18 AM   #1
hamaviz
hamaviz began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air 2
questions about Onyx Boox Air 2

Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing well. I recently bought an Onyx Boox Note Air 2. I had some problems using it that I thought would be helpful to share.

1. The third part pdf reading apps (like adobe acrobat) are not working correctly in my Onyx Boox Air 2. I can't highlight more than a single word in my Onyx. I haven't any problem highlighting and syncing on other devices, including the devices with android 11.

2. Is there any fast way to switch between apps (faster than using the navigation ball settings to open multitask switcher)?

3. Is there any way to test the battery's health? Because when I use the Google Play apps, the battery runs out in around 2-3 days, and it is a massive difference between this and the claimed battery life on the website.

4. Is it possible to use the multi-windows mode for the google play apps?

5. Persian words in Docx documents become disarranged in NeoReader V3.0. Modifying the Typeface and Encode Options (to Arabic) will not correct the disarrangement. Is it any solution?

Thank you so much
hamaviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:09 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
#2 swiping up from the bottom of the screen on the left side (stock setting) or the right side (how mine's configured) will get you the task switcher.

#3 Wifi can eat a lot of power especially if you have apps that treat your Wifi as if they owned it. You can run ADB logcat and see if a lot of stuff is happening with the WiFi on versus off.

#5 Hard to see what you mean without a visual sample and an understanding of whether it's using composed or pre-composed characters. Is there any font that works correctly?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2022, 07:34 PM   #3
hamaviz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
#2 swiping up from the bottom of the screen on the left side (stock setting) or the right side (how mine's configured) will get you the task switcher.

#3 Wifi can eat a lot of power especially if you have apps that treat your Wifi as if they owned it. You can run ADB logcat and see if a lot of stuff is happening with the WiFi on versus off.

#5 Hard to see what you mean without a visual sample and an understanding of whether it's using composed or pre-composed characters. Is there any font that works correctly?
Thank you so much for your helpful reply.

2. Thank you. You need to tab three times to three different parts of the screen to reach your previous app using that. It's bad that there is not a quicker way to reach the previous app.

3. I'm not an expert, I don't know how exactly can I "run ADB logcat". I will search for it. Thank you.

5. Yes, I tried different fonts, but it didn't solve the problem. I attached the Neoreder and Word screenshot (in Word the text is arranged correctly)
Old 04-15-2022, 07:38 PM   #4
hamaviz

Click image for larger version

Name:	word.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	193246

Click image for larger version

Name:	neoreader.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	193247
Old 04-15-2022, 07:55 PM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just Google for "minimal ADB"

Well, Neoreader is not respecting RTL layout.
Without highlighting or making this about a single word I don't have a clue.
Is that document a mixture of languages?
I know neither Arabic or Persian, but I do know enough to work with Chinese or Cyrillic and Unicode problems.
Advert
Old 04-15-2022, 08:27 PM   #6
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
The built in docx support isn't great. You might have better luck converting the docx to ePub and using the V2 engine but I don't read Arabic so I'm not sure if it's any better. For Japanese RTL works OK in epubs.

How many third party apps have you tried? I typically use Neoreader for PDFs but I can also highlight multiple words in Xodo (PDF Reader) and the Kobo/Kindle etc. apps just fine.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:51 PM   #7
Renate
Wizard

Here's an EPUB (of 3 pages) for anybody with Persian and Arabic.
Attached Files
File Type: epub test.epub (3.3 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by Renate; 04-29-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:05 PM   #8
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
I tried the Arabic Epub 3 sample and with the V2 engine it does seem to do RTL and look more like that Word screenshot. Can't comment too much since I can't actually read Arabic so there could be other issues. The test epub posted also seemed OK but that's pretty basic.

https://github.com/IDPF/epub3-sample...er-arabic.epub
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:04 AM   #9
KayDav
KayDav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch, Boox Note Air 2
With #2, I have my home page (swipe up from bottom-centre of screen) set to the apps page instead of the library. I think that may get you to your app in two gestures.
KayDav is offline   Reply With Quote