Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-20-2022, 03:38 PM   #1
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
"Failed to Start Editor" After 4 Minutes in ToC Editor

I don't know when I started noticing this, but it's been happening for a while. If I spend "too much" time in Calibre's ToC Editor for a book, it fails (I guess it's 4 minutes since that's what the error message says):

Quote:
calibre, version 5.38.0
ERROR: Failed to start editor: Could not edit: <insert title here> [EPUB]. The Table of Contents editor did not start in four minutes
I don't really know why it claims the ToC editor didn't start since I'm sitting inside it at the time of its failure. Just thought I'd report it since I don't see any other reports of it here.

I'm currently on Windows 11 Pro (x64), but I'm pretty sure it was happening with Windows 10 and with earlier versions of Calibre.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 02:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This will be because something, most likely an antivirus is deleting/quarantining the sentinel file the toc editor uses to inform calibre that it is running.

EDIT: No actually it was a bug: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...64d51565877d04

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 03-21-2022 at 03:01 AM.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2022, 02:35 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In any case there have been endless problems with this component so I am going to re-write its integration with calibre to use sharedmemory for the next release which will hopefully fix the issues.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote