Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-30-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
qwertyuio
Enthusiast
qwertyuio began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre is changing the file type of my zip files

I have added a book in pdf format to Calibre. I am trying to add a zip file to the book as well but Calibre keeps changing the format to CBZ. The zip file just contains a couple of jpegs. I would have been happy to not have to zip up the jpegs but Calibre only allows one file of each format.

On the topic of format limitations, why does Calibre not allow more than one file of the same format. I have books in PDF format that also have a solutions manual in PDF format that I would like to include with the book. I have some books in PDF format that are split into Chapter 1.pdf, Chapter 2.pdf etc. Some books come with two zip files (eg code and data set or code and executables). Sure I can zip these files up but it is more work.

Last edited by qwertyuio; 12-30-2020 at 06:02 PM.
qwertyuio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:01 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try putting an empty text file into the zip - IIRC calibre only converts solid image archives to Comic books.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
If you always want to import ZIP archives unchanged you can disable the Archive Extract plugin to prevent this behavior.

Go to Preferences->Plugins->File Type->Archive Extract (1.0.0) then hit the "Enable/disable plugin" button. The entry for the plugin will be grayed out when disabled. Do the same steps if you want to enable it later.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #4
qwertyuio
Enthusiast
qwertyuio began at the beginning.

Thanks jhowell, that is exactly what I needed.
qwertyuio is offline   Reply With Quote