Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-30-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
lloydlim996
lloydlim996 began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE PW2
Red face Jailbroken PW2 Accidental Update to 5.9.4

Hi,

I had accidentally performed an OTA updated on a Jailbroken PW2 to 5.9.4. Is there a way to downgrade this / retain my jailbreak without having to perform a serial downgrade? (I'm very lazy to do electrical work atm and would like to list out my options before going to my last resort).

Thanks a lot
lloydlim996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Did you have hotfix installed prior to updating? If yes, then as long as you didn't factory reset, you should still have your jailbreak. Install the latest version of the hotfix to be safe.

P.S. You're probably still gonna need to reinstall your apps/add-ons.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 04-30-2019 at 05:22 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2019, 06:09 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydlim996 View Post
Hi,

I had accidentally performed an OTA updated on a Jailbroken PW2 to 5.9.4. Is there a way to downgrade this / retain my jailbreak without having to perform a serial downgrade? (I'm very lazy to do electrical work atm and would like to list out my options before going to my last resort).

Thanks a lot
Our jail break is viral, it is still there.
But our packages must be reinstalled.

Note: Start by re-installing our "hotfix" as mentioned above, using UYK menu entry (since you probable had a very old version installed).

All of our add-ins that come as update_*.bin name form must now be installed using MrPI.
(MrPI is now part of the above "hotfix", which you just added above).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote