Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
bookreader1
Enthusiast
bookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Skipping Registration during first set-up of Kindle Voyage.

I just received a used unregistered Kindle Voyage FW: 5.8.7.0.1 and I managed to get into it without registering. The procedure for doing so was non intuitive.

1) Upon powering on, it forced me to enter credentials to connect to some WIFI. I didn't want to do this but seemingly had no choice. This was an apparent change from how my Paperwhite 1 worked where no WIFI connection was needed.

2) I was then forced to choose between entering my Amazon credentials, or create a new Amazon account.

3) I picked create a new amazon account. I then noticed a setup later button on the bottom left. That's it. I was now in the Kindle, without registering... although it did require my WIFI password.

Maybe this helps someone. I don't know if this method still works on the latest FW 5.8.10.
bookreader1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
On the wifi setup screen, you can also hit the [x] in the corner. this will give you a setup later button as well.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you don't setup your Kindle, you cannot use Collections.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #4
bookreader1
Enthusiast
bookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
On the wifi setup screen, you can also hit the [x] in the corner. this will give you a setup later button as well.
thanks, i didn't realize that.
bookreader1 is offline   Reply With Quote