Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-25-2017, 01:01 AM   #1
Book Horder
Book Horder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Import Empty books as records only

Hello,

I'm new so apologies if this is a dumb question.

I have two Calibre libraries, the first is a conventional collection of e-books that I own, no problem importing them.

The second is a "library" of empty books which I use as a catalogue of books that I hold other than in Calibre, usual physical items. I had hoped to use Calibre Companion as a portable catalogue, but can find no way to import the records of empty books. Have I missed something or hoped for too much.

Many thanks,
Book Horder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:42 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Horder View Post
The second is a "library" of empty books which I use as a catalogue of books that I hold other than in Calibre, usual physical items. I had hoped to use Calibre Companion as a portable catalogue, but can find no way to import the records of empty books. Have I missed something or hoped for too much.
Simply add a blank txt file to each empty book record. Then transfer them to CC.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2017, 01:44 AM   #3
Book Horder
Book Horder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Brilliant! Thanks
Book Horder is offline   Reply With Quote