Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-26-2017, 05:25 AM   #1
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Forced to upgrade to new ADE?

I did a search in here, but didn't see anything about this - which usually means I'm searching wrong...

Today I fired up the Cloud Library, which still isn't productive worth a damn, but that's a different whine... And tried to download a book. And got a popup that said

Error downloading book: ...
E_ACT_NOT_READY: Activation not ready. Please upgrade Adobe Digital Editions on your computer to thelatest version and reactivate your computer using your AdobeID.

I'm currently using ADE 2 specifically BECAUSE of all the garbage I read about the information Adobe is collecting with newer versions...

De-authorized and reauthorized the computer. STILL won't work. STILL don't want to go to the new version...

What do now?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:38 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I found a thread about this error here

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/9882...rt=40&tstart=0

It seems to be a bug of some kind. There are various solutions to try. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 05:44 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I also found this about Cloud Library
Quote:
I'm receiving the message E_ACT_NOT_READY

First, uninstall the cloudLibrary application from your device. Then, power off the device for 30-45 seconds. Next, power back on your device. Lastly, reinstall the cloudLibrary app.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:57 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
@dkperez, have you installed Adobe 2.01? Do you have Adobe Digital Edition altogether with Cloud Library?
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:11 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I found this message at a thread you began, I don't know if it can be helpful.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #6
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I have ADE 3.0 on my computer and it works just fine with Cloud Library.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:52 PM   #7
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My problem isn't with whether the new version will work, it's with how MUCH information Adobe is stealing with the newer versions... In a thread from a while ago there was a big discussion of how much information they were grabbing about what was on the computer, and how users were operating...

Has that turned out NOT to be true in V3 and later or is Adobe actually accessing large amounts of information about ebooks, user habits and other things I don't want them to have?
Old 07-27-2017, 12:39 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
I'm currently using ADE 2 specifically BECAUSE of all the garbage I read about the information Adobe is collecting with newer versions...
Hmmm. Are you running 2.067532 or 2.0.1.78765? I know the former stopped working with OverDrive a while back and folks had to upgrade to the latter to get their setups working again.

I don't usually use CloudLibrary, but did just check out a book just now and downloaded it with their updated software 2.2.1706151135 (well, it auto downloaded). The book opened fine in ADE 2.0.1.78765
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:47 PM   #9
dkperez
Groupie

I found a copy of 2.01 and put it on. It's back to working.

Thanks.