Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2016, 11:17 PM   #1
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Another way to upgrade to larger eMMC

Sticking it in the 3G socket:
http://hackingbeaver.com/?p=425

Color me impressed...

And a quote from that link:
Quote:
Apparently the Kindle does not provide 3.3V via the mini PCI-E connector, but directly the battery voltage! About 4.2V when the battery is fully charged. This was enough to fry one controller, luckily the eMMC chip is still alive. As a temporary fix until I think of a way to get 3.3V out of ~3V to 4.2V (at full charge), I had cut the power traces and added two diodes, when the battery is fully charged, the eMMC chip and the controller will be powered by ~3.6V, which is well within safe specs.
A voltage drop the same way I did in my TTL serial level shifter circuit.

And he built his kernel module with the same toolchian twobob used for a kernel module (CS2006q3): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...72#post2186972

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-08-2016 at 12:16 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Nice gem! Thanks for the find...
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert