Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #1
justl1
justl1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Run.sh

Hello All,

I just a got kobo toch (905C) and I am trying to get telnet/ftp access to it.
I've followed the guide and all seems fine, but the run.sh script does not seem to be executed at all. Can anyone here help me out, I got a feeling I'm missing something very obvious here.

Please?

steps taken:
- factory reset, get the Koboroot.tgz
- extract, edit init.d/rcS file (added "/mnt/onboard/run.sh 2&>1 >> /mnt/onboard/run.log &)
- repacked rcS, and moved it to .kobo
- created run.sh and copied it to the "root" folder (under windows, the root folder of the device when it's plugged in)

- rebooted. updating works.
At this point I hoped to some output from run.sh. Either the inittab file that is supposed to copy or the output from "echo 'test''" that I've added to the run.sh
justl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
justl1
justl1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Any one? Just some hints then??
justl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by justl1 View Post
Any one? Just some hints then??
How about
Code:
sh /mnt/onboard/run.sh >>/mnt/onboard/run.log 2>&1 &
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm currently using this one (for the Kobo H2O, 3.12 firmware - not sure if Kobo Touch uses the same?).

It only modifies the inittab;

I thought of a better way to do it (without modifications to files that would be reset on a firmware update) but I'm too lazy to implement...
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboRoot-telnetftp.zip (670 Bytes, 160 views)
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote