Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
sdow1
Connoisseur
sdow1 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, ipad
automatically connect to iTunes?

I know that calibre will automatically show a device when it is connected, but it won't do the same for iTunes (unless i am overlooking a setting). I have to manually connect every time I want to transfer stuff. I've created a shortcut, but I'd rather just have it happen automatically when i open calibre.

Anyone have a suggestion? or can I put this into the suggestion box as an option?

Thanks!
sdow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Have a look at this thread on this board.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
sdow1
Connoisseur

That doesn't answer my question. That's how to use iTunes generally, which I already follow to a tee. I want calibre to AUTOMATICALLY connect to itunes every time calibre is open, so that I don't have to manually connect to itunes each time.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:52 AM   #4
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Have you enabled the plug-in in Calibre? If not go to Preferences > Plugins > Device Interface Plugins > Apple Device Interface. That always worked for me till I got p'd off with it opening iTunes every time even if I wasn't trying to send books to my iPad so I have it turned off now.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
sdow1
Connoisseur

Well, now that's just odd. I tried your suggestion, and while launching calibre does open iTunes if it's currently closed, it doesn't actually connect calibre and iTunes (as if iTunes was the device). Presumably this is something to do with using the iPad/iPhone as the device rather than the suggested method of connecting to iTunes as the device.

So...no luck. But thanks.
Advert