Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Problem with Smashwords

For the last couple of days I've been trying to buy some books from Smashwords, but I keep getting the message that the transaction cannot be processed. I've emailed them but have had no reply.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

BTW there is enough money in the account to cover the transaction and I double checked all the info was correct.

I've bought from them before and it's all gone ok.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
You did check if the book showed up as bought in your Library? It has happened to me that I got that error message, but in fact the purchase went through.

I just now bought a few books without problems (but I paid with Paypal, not account balance),.

Last edited by Anke Wehner; 05-01-2011 at 04:25 AM.
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No I didn't and as I've tried to buy them about 6 times I won't be very happy if that has happened. Will check now. Thanks.

No, not there. Not sure if I'm glad or sorry.

Last edited by amward; 05-01-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
No I didn't and as I've tried to buy them about 6 times I won't be very happy if that has happened. Will check now. Thanks.

No, not there. Not sure if I'm glad or sorry.
However this turns out, it would be wise to never hit the Buy button more than once on a transaction on the web. Even if it did not go through. Contacting the company is the way to go to handle this. It could have been a host of reasons why the transaction did not go through (server temporarily down, their server can't communicate with your bank's server, etc.). But, when those services are back up, there is a chance that your transaction would go through the 6 times that you click on the Buy button (or its equivalent). Since you already notified Smashwords via email, I might send them another to let them know that there is a possibility of additional transactions that you do not want processed.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
amward
Wizard

Thanks for that, I will let them know now.
Advert