Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
Lordblacknail
Groupie
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Galaxy Tab S7 Plus Kobo Libre Colour
Battery Change

My Kindle 3 3g just developed a spot on the screen so I switched to my wife's Kindle 3 WiFi. How hard is it to change the battery from the WiFi to the 3G model?
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblacknail View Post
My Kindle 3 3g just developed a spot on the screen so I switched to my wife's Kindle 3 WiFi. How hard is it to change the battery from the WiFi to the 3G model?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA4CtfvzrjQ

Do a quick google, about any very thin item can be used to unsnap the cover off, just stay away from under the page turn buttons. There are no retaining snap locations under them.

Edit: Be careful there are 2 spacers under the battery screw locations. One for each screw, between the battery and the circuit board.

Edit2: Your unit will do a hard reset, so do not freak out.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 11-10-2011 at 07:13 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA4CtfvzrjQ

Do a quick google, about any very thin item can be used to unsnap the cover off, just stay away from under the page turn buttons. There are no retaining snap locations under them.

Edit: Be careful there are 2 spacers under the battery screw locations. One for each screw, between the battery and the circuit board.
That's a great video. Thanks for sharing that.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
A better video here, plus vendor supplies needed tools:

http://http://www.newpower99.com/Bat...kindle%203.htm

Jim
Strether is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
A better video here, plus vendor supplies needed tools:

http://http://www.newpower99.com/Bat...kindle%203.htm

Jim
Bad link!
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm. Let's try this:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...layer_embedded

Jim
Old 11-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
Strether
Guru

Not having much luck. Last attempt:

http://https://www.mobileread.com/for...ad.php?t=93548

Sorry, that doesn't work, either. Obviously I don't know how to put a working link in a message. There's a sticky thread called "What every Kindle owner should know," and there's a video there.

Jim

Last edited by Strether; 11-10-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
You've just got an extra http:// in your link, remove it and there's your video:

http://www.newpower99.com/Battery_fo...kindle%203.htm
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
Strether
Guru

Thanks for your help! I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has ever changed their battery, and how much trouble it turned out to be. The video above certainly makes it look like the task is at least more challenging than the video posted at the beginning of this thread.

Jim
Old 11-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #10
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
Thanks for your help! I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has ever changed their battery, and how much trouble it turned out to be. The video above certainly makes it look like the task is at least more challenging than the video posted at the beginning of this thread.

Jim
I did a few weeks ago, that is why I know something about it. And the install was easy. And I bought my battery from the company in your video link. My kindle charge was only lasting about 5 days, and I thought maybe a new battery world work. No joy, but then the firmware update 3.3 from 3.1 , installed and now it looks like my battery charge will last almost two weeks now.. Go figure!

Warning on their price, yes they say there is a savings, but they get it back in shipping.

http://www.newpower99.com/Battery_fo...kindle%203.htm

Charles
Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #11
Lordblacknail
Groupie
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Galaxy Tab S7 Plus Kobo Libre Colour
Thanks for the help everyone, it looks like I will have to change it, this battery is only lasting a day or two. I didn't charge it very often, maybe that is the reason. I will post how it came out.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote