Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
ErikaGC
ErikaGC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Reading Manga on Kindle

I used to have a Kindle Fire HD 6, but gave it to my boyfriend.
I was planning on getting another Kindle, but I am not so sure if I should just get a e-reader or a tablet.

If I get the Voyage or the Paperwhite, will I still be able to read manga in pdf format?
When I had the Kindle FHD, it was very simple to do so.

Or should I just get the KHDX?
Maybe I should wait for the next Kindle?
ErikaGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Moving to the "Which one should I buy" thread.

I would recommend getting a tablet, since PDF is not very well supported on any ereader.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2015, 02:16 AM   #3
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
My manga workflow goes like this: Batoto > Manga Crazy > Kindle Comic Converter > A simple python script to merge the cbz files into one big file > Kobo external memory

This is the script if you are interested: http://paste.muratcansimsek.com/disofigudo Others are all apps you can easily find. I use OS X, but they are all multi-platform.

I recommend Kobo Glo or Kobo Aura H2O for manga. With the new Kobo Glo HD and the Kindles you might have problems. They have no SD card support and I believe Kindles have margins with comics, but I am not sure.

Last edited by GERGE; 04-22-2015 at 02:19 AM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote