Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-26-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
rykar
rykar began at the beginning.

Device: Dell PDA
Transfering books from Internal memory to sd card

Since it takes a long time using the wireless connection to transfer a large collection of ebooks to my SD card on an Android phone, can I instead transfer them to the phone's internal memory (which is fast) and then transfer the books from that internal location to the SD card?
rykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
AFAIK it is a 1 shot task. Once moved, all adds go to the SD card (or wherever the Library is), no split locations.

WiFi is slower than USB? Not on my 2 portable devices . You might investigate what is getting in the way (A/V, indexer) or is your SD card, (slow) just cheaper?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2016, 01:05 AM   #3
rykar

I have a fast SD card so that's not the problem. I had an LG G4 android phone die on me last week so I replaced it with another LG G4. On my previous phone I could transfer books from my computer to my phone thru the wireless connection super fast but on my new phone it's taking forever like almost a minute per book.
I'm not sure what (A/V, indexer) is or how to check. Could you advise and thanks for your prompt answer to my original post.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:42 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykar View Post
I have a fast SD card so that's not the problem. I had an LG G4 android phone die on me last week so I replaced it with another LG G4. On my previous phone I could transfer books from my computer to my phone thru the wireless connection super fast but on my new phone it's taking forever like almost a minute per book.
I'm not sure what (A/V, indexer) is or how to check. Could you advise and thanks for your prompt answer to my original post.
A/V Anti Virus
Indexer (generic name) is a file system search speed up feature

You might try and limit the connection to a single Mode (b, g, n)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:10 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Since it takes a long time using the wireless connection to transfer a large collection of ebooks to my SD card on an Android phone, can I instead transfer them to the phone's internal memory (which is fast) and then transfer the books from that internal location to the SD card?
It sounds like you have run into the SD card issue described in the CC FAQ entry I have added a lot of books on an SD card and now downloading books takes forever. What do I do? The fix is described in that FAQ.

And no, there isn't a way to transfer some books from internal memory to an SD card. However, depending on what you are doing, CC's Cloud "Local Library" connection might be of use. See I have a copy of a calibre library on an SD card. Can CC use it?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2016, 08:24 AM   #6
rykar

When I try to change the template to your recommendation:
{first_author:%1.1s}/{first_author}/{title} - {authors}

I get a message Invalid Conversion Specification. I'm thinking the %1.1s is the problem. Can you advise on why I am getting this error?
Old 08-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
When I try to change the template to your recommendation:
{first_author:%1.1s}/{first_author}/{title} - {authors}

I get a message Invalid Conversion Specification. I'm thinking the %1.1s is the problem. Can you advise on why I am getting this error?
That message does not appear in CC.

Where are you changing the template? You should be changing it in CC as described in Solution 1 of the FAQ How do I get the same file names in CC no matter which connection I use?. I have changed the "SD card is slow" FAQ to make this clearer.

It is possible to change the template in calibre instead of CC. The template would look quite different. It would also suffer from the problems mentioned in the "same file names" FAQ.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:18 AM   #8
rykar

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
I was trying to change the template in Calibre instead of Companion.
Transfer is taking place now and going rapid fast just like on my old phone.