Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2024, 11:36 AM   #31
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyKoopa View Post
Regarding the Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs, will it be necessary to edit the books in order the patch to be effective?
No, it won't.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 12:13 PM   #32
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur
PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Ok,

I will patch my Kobo first and if it works right, and will try with my friend's.

Wish me luck.
PunkyKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 02:23 PM   #33
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur
PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well. It's patched. Is far simpler than I expected. I have tried and the problem with the left-align chapter headers has been solved. I am laughing at myself and my fear of messing my device.

Can I install now the better hyphenation dictionary, right? It won't override the patches, right?
Old 05-21-2024, 04:04 PM   #34
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur

Damn it. I talked too soon.

I have the header issue solved, but now the left aligned setting does not work on 99% of my books. Even the off setting seems to be completely broken on some books.

What am I missing?
Old 05-21-2024, 04:48 PM   #35
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyKoopa View Post
Damn it. I talked too soon.

I have the header issue solved, but now the left aligned setting does not work on 99% of my books. Even the off setting seems to be completely broken on some books.

What am I missing?
Sorry, no idea, as I don't use that patch (I edit my books to have justified text and set the alignment on my Kobos to OFF - this combination works perfectly for me).

Perhaps the patch really doesn't work correctly unless you edit your books. I thought it would, but I may have been wrong.

Last edited by Sirtel; 05-21-2024 at 04:51 PM.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 02:45 AM   #36
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur

It makes sense, right?

Could it be that depending on the formatting of the book, the patch also overrides the whole text and not just the headers?
Old 05-22-2024, 04:16 PM   #37
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
The word spacing value is a patch, not a css file. You patched your Kobo.

Whether enabling OptimizeLegibility is the best way to read kepubs is a matter of taste. It enables kerning and ligatures, but messes up word and letter spacing. Personally I don't use it.
I am having this issue. It's irritating, specially when it messes up the letter spacing. Not all fonts seem affected, though.

It's any way to solve this, besides don't use it? In Spanish ligatures are very infrequent, son I don't mind losing them. Also, not all fonts have them.

Could this be the reason to no be enabled by default?
Old 05-22-2024, 05:14 PM   #38
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try geometricPrecision instead of optimizeLegibility. If that doesn't improve the situation, your options are to go back to optimizeSpeed and lose ligatures or to use EPUB, which reportedly has better word spacing than KEPUB.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 02:41 AM   #39
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur

I tried with geometricPrecision and it’s more or less the same. So I have to choose between ligatures with messed letter spacing or no ligatures at all. It’s a pick your poison kind of situation. Both choices have compromises.

I will give a go to EPUB and see the differences.
Old 05-23-2024, 03:45 AM   #40
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You lose the rapid page turn feature, the image viewer, and some performance. In exchange you get access to Adobe page numbers and potentially better letter spacing.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote