Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM   #2716
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kobo discontinued the Libra 2 and left us with the awful Libra Colour. So we have no decent B&W Kobo larger then 6". The Colour models are rubbish (IMHO) and the Sage and Elipsa are also rubbish because the battery is terrible.

As it stands, the batter in the Libra Colour is also rubbish because you need the light on at a level that's higher then you'd normally use.

The Libra 2 is a good model with good battery and a good screen. So unless Kobo is planning on replacing it with a new Libra, they've (IMHO) screwed themselves over.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #2717
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That is more recent than the L2 color release. (I looked then)
I did not the site said Out of Stock, not discontinued

I do agree the L2 (not color) is a fine reader
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM   #2718
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Cheer up, Jon! There's always Kindle.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #2719
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Jon, as a Sage owner, I would like to point out that I do not find the battery life to be rubbish. Yes, it is not as good as my other Kobo ereaders but it lasts me 2 to 3 days reading an average of 4 to 5 hours a day. Given that Kobo used to quote the battery life for reading 30 minutes per day, that number is pretty decent. About ⅔ of what I see on my Clara HD or Libra Colour—4 hours for 2 days is equivalent to 16 days using the reading 30 minutes per day with frontlight and WiFi off. Not all that bad for a 1,200mAH battery though I still wonder what some of Kobo's designers were smoking when they gave the power hungry CPU on the Sage the same battery as the Forma.

By comparison, one friend of mine has a Kindle Paperwhite Signature edition. This has a single core CPU and a 1700mAH battery. Amazon rates the battery life at 10 weeks with the usual reading 30 minutes per day (so 35 hours of reading), no WiFi. Real world testing says that after a few deep discharge/charge cycles you are see the equivalent to a 6 week battery life since most people read with the frontlight on and seldom remember to turn WiFi off.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote