Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-12-2024, 11:37 PM   #1861
p8d
p8d began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by telemetrics View Post
A good idea will be to use FTP/HTTP/GoogleDocs as a Collaboration / Archieve / Remote storage. Everytime a file is added locally Caliber should queue up an upload to the Archieve / Collab location. And also Caliber should monitor the Remote Storage perodically and automatically queue a download.
Store in S3 compliant cloud like half price BackBlaze

Quote:
These should be seemless experience to the user.
This.
p8d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 01:26 AM   #1862
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8d View Post
Emulator to fetch whispersync or books from kindle unlimited to pass to kindle via USB to ignore OTA
Might be interesting to see how long it would take Amazon to shut down any such emulator.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 01:27 AM   #1863
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
USB-hash-copy

Verify files copied to kindle via USB are a two hash match. Doing this by hand for one file is easy. It could be trauma for a bunch of files.
Have you had that many issues with copying files with errors to a Kindle over USB? A solution in search of a problem.
Old 05-13-2024, 02:03 AM   #1864
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Store in S3 compliant cloud like half price BackBlaze
Last time I looked at BackBlaze, they quoted unlimited storage for $99 US per year and were tied to Amazon.

Other options might include Google Drive Personal with 15TB and no yearly cost. If you are invested in the Microsoft Office ecosystem perhaps get Microsoft Office 365 for a lower yearly cost giving you Microsoft Office and 1TB of online storage. There are quite a few other online storage services with lower prices than BackBlaze for personal use.

I suppose that someone could manage to exceed 1TB backing up calibre libraries (one acquaintance of mine does so with their corporate library) but for personal use, even assuming a larger average ebook size of 16MB, you could store over 65,000 ebooks. Which is bit more than most people would be able to read in a lifetime. Looking at my main library with ~15K epubs which takes up 29GB so around 1.5MB per epub, if I exclude my cookbook collection which tend to be on the large side with multiple illustrations, the average file size drops to 734KB. Using those numbers, I could store between 669 thousand to 1.46 million books in 1TB.

Syncing my calibre library to cloud/NAS/whatever when calibre is not running works well for me with a differntial backup each time calibre is run and a monthly full backup.

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe