Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Today, 12:23 PM   #121
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Forma / Onyx Boox Page
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
You know what ADB is, right?
The stock recovery has ADB, but it's also ro.adb.secure=1 so you can't connect.
My custom recovery has accessible, rooted ADB and the SELinux is permissive.

Dang!!! That's what I was trying to do (at least get adb working) with my modified recovery that sent me into the bootloop on my Page. I saw that adbd was inside, so decided to try my chance.

What I did:
- Dumped stock recovery via EDL
- Unpacked the recovery.img using Magisk Tools (https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/tools.html)
- Opened the ramdisk.cpio archive
- Edited the prop.default with the following options:
- ro.secure=0
- ro.adb.secure=0
- ro.debuggable=1
- Saved my changes and repacked the recovery.img
- Booted into bootloader and ran "fastboot boot patched-recovery.img"

Do you mean that just changing the ro.adb.secure line from 1 to 0 would have been sufficient?

Last edited by Anghirrim; Today at 12:26 PM.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #122
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
What I did:
Well, that should have worked, but who knows if the mods came through correctly.
In any case, you wouldn't have been rooted or permissive.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:02 PM   #123
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Forma / Onyx Boox Page
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Well, that should have worked, but who knows if the mods came through correctly.
In any case, you wouldn't have been rooted or permissive.
Yeah, I was actually just trying to get adb working from recovery to be able to "adb reboot edl" in case something bad happens (which did ).

For rooted and permissive, I guess you have to modify the prebuilt kernel?
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:40 PM   #124
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Eh, making progress with my stuff.
I still need to patch SELinux policy.
Code:
C:\>adb shell
Poke5P:/ #
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote