View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 08:46 AM   #55
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
On the other hand, as the Finnish composer Sibelius said, "A statue has never been set up in honour of a critic".

I'm not very far in yet, but I would tend to back George Eliot's judgement of the way she designed her novel, rather than to fall in with Leavis's ideas of how the book could be improved. But then, I do have a poor opinion of Leavis!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote