View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 06:45 AM   #50
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
*snip*

I get the impression that Eliot has set them up as stark contrasts of two beautiful women in the marriage market - light/dark, showy/talented, vain/sincere, etc. Both dazzle men with their beauty, and make choices that revolve around how they are perceived by the male gaze.
I admit, Mirah did not endear herself to me by opening the book with a suicide attempt. Gwendolyn was just so much more interesting, if clearly flawed.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote