View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 07:41 PM   #48
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
the Mordecai chapters
What are these, poohbear, I searched and found nothing.

It would be impossible for me to rely on the audio only because for one thing the long descriptive phrases put me to sleep (literally). But when I go back and read I find myself highlighting frequently, e.g. "dregs with struggling flies in them." "...wind was turning up the feathers of a cock..." "ill-plenished". Am also surprised by how much I missed in the audio.

If I had not joined the club and found everyone's comments so interesting, causing a rethink of my initial urge to drop DD for something more to my liking. Especially 'slogged' through Mirah chapters, but found Chapter XXIII (Klesmer and Gwendolen) engrossing.

I will finish the book if only because I so admire Eliot's vocabulary and not infrequent flashes of insight.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote