View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible Launches New Membership Plan

All-You-Can-Listen Membership Option
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    All-You-Can-Listen Membership Option, Audible Plus, Rolls Out in Preview

Audible is in the preview phase of a brand-new all-you-can-listen service, Audible Plus, that will provide access to an array of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts that span genres, lengths and formats.

Audible Plus offers members greater selection through unlimited access to a robust catalog that includes over 68,000 hours of content and 11,000+ titles from across the content spectrum, including documentaries, comedy, journalism, kids, wellness, self-development, selections from Audible Theater and more. New Audible Originals come from a wide range of talent including Common, St. Vincent, Blake Griffin, Jesse Eisenberg, Tom Morello, Kevin Bacon, David Koepp, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kate Mara, Tayari Jones and Harvey Fierstein, among many other celebrated creators and performers. The content slate will continue to grow alongside various technical enhancements over the coming months.

The Audible Plus $7.95 offering will sit alongside Audible’s premium credit-based subscription option, which has been renamed Audible Premium Plus. For $14.95, Audible Premium Plus members will have access to the Audible Plus catalog and will also receive one credit a month which can be used for any piece of content outside the Plus catalog, regardless of price or length. The Audible Premium Plus membership is also available with varying numbers of credits to suit individual needs.

Audible Plus begins its initial rollout this week to Audible members. New customers interested in signing up to preview the Audible Plus standalone plan can do so beginning on August 27. Audible Plus programming can be streamed instantly or downloaded for offline listening. In addition to the Audible app, the Audible Plus catalog will also be available across Alexa-enabled devices and Amazon Fire tablets.
Audible Launches a Cheaper Subscription Plan
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Audible launches a cheaper subscription plan for access to its exclusive podcasts and audio content

Audible, an Amazon company, is separating its exclusive audio content out into its own plan today with a cheaper subscription that doesn’t include credits to download audiobooks outside its catalog. Audible Plus, for $7.95 a month, is the company’s cheapest plan, giving subscribers access to Audible’s collection of exclusive audio content, like podcasts.

In the coming weeks, Audible plans to launch more new, exclusive content, including a podcast made with Pushkin Industries, author Malcom Gladwell’s podcast company, and the NBA about the continuing impact of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls, as well as multiple audio narratives starring celebrities like Alicia Silverstone, Michael Caine, and Josh Gad. The company says it has over 68,000 hours’ worth of content in its catalog, among more than 11,000 works. It’s unclear how much of this catalog is third-party versus exclusive content.

Alongside its new plan, Audible is consolidating its Audible Gold and Platinum plans into something called Audible Premium Plus. For $14.95 a month, subscribers will gain access to the full Audible catalog, like Plus subscribers, but will also receive one credit to be used for any content in the Audible library, regardless of price or length. (Platinum users who used to receive two credits a month will still receive two at the $22.95 per month price.) The plans are considered to be in a “preview” phase right now with the idea being that feedback will be considered for the official launch. Existing subscribers can access the Audible Plus catalog starting today, and new customers who want to try Audible Plus can start signing up on August 27th.

Membership Plans -- US only
Audible Plus Q&As -- rental only
Frequently Asked Questions (see link for detailed answers)
  • Can I view the entire Audible Plus Catalog? -- NO
  • Do titles in the Audible Plus Catalog change or rotate? -- YES
  • I’m already a member. Can I listen to the titles in the Audible Plus Catalog? -- YES
  • How do I know if a title is INCLUDED or if I need a credit to select it? -- see link
  • If I cancel my membership, can I keep titles from the Audible Plus Catalog? -- NO
  • How can I tell which Audible plan is right for me? -- see link

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-06-2022 at 09:57 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote