View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 02:15 PM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
Absolutely!

I can understand why I wonder if KJ Charles took some inspiration from Flashman when she wrote "The Henchmen of Zenda". Both her Detchard and her Hentzau remind me a bit of Flashman.
There’s a great pleasure in store for you; [not a spoiler] the second Flashman book, Royal Flash, also is a riff on The Prisoner of Zenda. So I can easily see multiple influences for Charles; but her own take was original, inspired and totally in canon, too.

Still grateful to you for recommending it!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote