View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 05:48 PM   #434
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicornula View Post
When the point of the plugin is to launch URLs and slashes are part of URLs, it seems odd to suddenly remove them on version 1.11, but I guess I'm just going to have to use 1.10.5 until it no longer works.
You posted after 1.11.2 released - have you tried that? I tried it with the three DOI examples you gave me.

In some circumstances the data has to be encoded, in others it does not or causes a problem for specific characters by doing so. The plugin before 1.11 had a flaw in it which meant only a small number of metadata fields were encoded - meaning custom columns could not be passed with it, hence the change made.

The other idea I had overnight on this is I likely rely on a calibre url encode function, which in theory I could write my own version of. Or turn %2F back to a / after calling it. However if that data is part of the querystring portion of a url then it maybe that breaks on some websites, would have to test it. A slash doesnt make sense to be part of a search term for anything other than an identifier (eg slashes would normally not be included in a title search comparison). But I have the same issues of supporting custom columns and other template expressions if I wanted to exclude passing it, because in this one case in the world of a DOI identifier the slash is required. It is a very unfortunate (ie poor in the web world) identifier standard they chose.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote