View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 02:49 AM   #431
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I don't recall ever seeing encoding anywhere but the query string, but I certainly can't say that it doesn't/shouldn't happen.
Unfortunately when I went through the predefined shortcuts I found several examples where this is the case and it breaks the suggested fudge I was going to put in. One example is:
Code:
https://www.literature-map.com/{author}
So the only way I think this could be made to work is adding another option for every url to control whether the encoding takes place at all for it.

Can I be bothered adding this for one edge case of one website though - right now probably not especially since it is not a website I am ever going to use personally. Because to do it properly is a ton of work in terms of UI, config etc. The hackiest quick way i can think of would be to add a new option to the encoding dropdown that offers utf-8/latin-1 with some new options like utf-8-no-enc or similar. But I might regret that one day...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote