Thread: Classics East Lynne by Ellen Wood
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 02:47 PM   #28
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I agree with you and poohbear, sun surfer - distinctly heavy-handed!

I started reading a few days ago and am finding it clunky, but the story moves along well enough. I thought the introduction of the sub-plot of a murder was done clumsily.

I have just finished Chapter 14, so Isabel has now married Carlyle. Things can only go from bad to worse now, as Mrs Wood has warned us!
Agreed - the murder sub-plot was abruptly and clumsily introduced, but unlike the sub-plot in Daniel Deronda, Wood will tightly intertwine events and characters between the main and sub-plot lines. In fact, the murder plot line will have major consequences in the main Isabel plot line.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote