View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 05:59 AM   #436
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Brew (HomeBrew) is a package manager, mostly for Mac (I guess also for Linux). If you haven't installed it, then the instructions I gave do not mean anything.
I think just Mac.
I've been using various Linux distros since 1996 (more than 10) and never seen or read of it in connection with Linux.

Edit:
I see the HomeBrew website claims it's for Linux. Linux doesn't need it. I've even installed rpms (Redhat) on Debian. Any Debian based Linux uses .deb (via apt), snap and flatpak and can use rpm. I added synaptic to my Ubuntu Mate ARM64 Raspberry Pi4b. Also the direct download script here https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux works for most distros of Linux and automatically installs x86-64 or ARM64. Worked for Pi even without Synaptic installed.

Last edited by Quoth; 03-28-2024 at 06:12 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote