View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 04:12 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I'd agree with y'all if Calibre/NoDRM was actually easy to learn about and use. It's neither.
To disagree with you, I've found calibre quite easy to use from the day I first installed it over a decade back. I've used multiple versions of DeDRM and once I inserted the correct information, I've had few problems other than waiting for a new version when Amazon tries to stay ahead of the game.

Quote:
However, ePubor has never worked for me either. Calibre/NoDRM works for me now - but it's a constant battle for me. Well, it's an every so often battle.
I've never used ePubor since it is a ripoff. On the other hand, I don't consider updating calibre or DeDRM as a constant battle.

Quote:
I'd gladly pay $50 to any company that made keeping up with Calibre/xxDRM "one click" easy.
Your money, your choice. A fool and his money are soon partying.

Quote:
As for paying the author. You could have and should have always been doing so no matter how you got the book into your preferred reading app. Just buy the book even if that wasn't the soure of what you read.
I agree that if you want to read an ebook, purchase it pay for the license. I do not remove DRM from loans since I did not "purchase" them and my native format is ePub. For Kindle owners outside the USA that may be more of an issue since downloadable library loans are mostly in ePub format which is not natively supported by a Kindle ereader or app.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote