View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 10:14 AM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post

If it's working for you, then, I hope you got your money's worth. Just be aware that if Amazon changes their encryption scheme yet again and DeDRM hits a wall on new encryption, you should probably assume that Epubor will hit the same wall, since it's using the same technology on the back-end. Your "lifetime license" might not help much, then, as I doubt the Epubor maintainer is going to personally try to crack the new encryption.
My guess is that Epubor would just wait for someone else to crack it and use the code; there would be more searches and more opportunities to sell more licenses (or maybe charge a little more for a "pro" version).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote