View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 09:28 AM   #6
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym View Post
So I googled remove DRM from amazon books. Took a gamble on the software that swears it can do it, paid my 50 bucks for a life time license, and the gamble paid off.
So you paid 50 bucks for Epubor, I take it?

I'm glad it's working for you, I suppose. Epubor is not terribly well-regarded on these forums because they basically just appropriate the DRM-stripping technology from DeDRM/NoDRM (offered for free as a Calibre plugin) and then put it into a clunky GUI and charge money for it. You could've achieved the same end-result, for free, using Calibre + NoDRM.

If it's working for you, then, I hope you got your money's worth. Just be aware that if Amazon changes their encryption scheme yet again and DeDRM hits a wall on new encryption, you should probably assume that Epubor will hit the same wall, since it's using the same technology on the back-end. Your "lifetime license" might not help much, then, as I doubt the Epubor maintainer is going to personally try to crack the new encryption.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote