View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 08:43 AM   #16
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixxovs View Post
I will try to do that for sure but I'm only scared by the possibility to lose the Wi-Fi. Is something I can restore backwards in case of troubles ?
I don't know what kernel modules you have on your device. Kernel modules are things loaded separately from the kernel but must be built for a specific build of a kernel. When there is a mismatch something is not going to work. The solution is to install a consistent set of kernel/kernel modules.

Do this:
Code:
adb shell lsmod
On my Poke3 I get 1 module (wlan), on my Poke5 I get 28 modules, on my Moto phone I get 49.

Magisk'ing a boot image pulled from your device will not break anything. Just keep a copy of your original boot image on your desktop.

Thanks for the question. I hadn't realized how overboard everybody has gotten with kernel modules!
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote