View Single Post
Old 12-16-2022, 12:50 PM   #53
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
47 seconds vs more than 4 minutes
Well, clearly you're tiring it out.

Also note that the bulk of the time is neither user or system time.
One can only presume that it's I/O time.

You do realize that the whole basic problem comes about by trying to layer a case-insensitive filesystem on a case-sensitive filesystem?

I was just looking how to get rid of the whole problem. Of course, this will might break MTP and UMS, neither of which I care about.

I just unmounted and mounted a bunch of stuff. I can mount "sdcard" so that it's a direct mount off of /dev/block/dm-1. I can create foo, Foo and FOO.
Code:
Poke3:/mnt/runtime/full/emulated/0 # cat foo
I am entirely lower-cased.
Poke3:/mnt/runtime/full/emulated/0 # cat Foo
I am entirely mixed-cased.
Poke3:/mnt/runtime/full/emulated/0 # cat FOO
I am entirely upper-cased.
Ok, this might make some problems on Windows, but:
Do you care? Just don't make files that are case-synonyms.
Do you use Linux?

Full disclosure: Philosophically, I am inclined to case-insensitive, but not when it causes so much trouble.

Last edited by Renate; 12-16-2022 at 01:59 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote