View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I wish you'd bring it up with every post. Ever since I saw you had read an annotated version, I wish I had done the same. An annotated version can bring a depth to the discussions that would otherwise be lacking, so please, don't hold back. Your input so far has been greatly appreciated and thought-provoking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
To me it was a morality tale that used the structure of the culture's prevailing majority religion as a framework. It would have worked equally as well in any other culture, using their majority religious system as a backdrop.
Get out of my brain, Tom! (on both points)

It did feel more secular to me - "good will to all men", "money isn't everything".
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote