View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 12:20 AM   #74
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Interesting since my iPad Pro is a 264DPI screen compared to my 300DPI eInk devices.
My iPad mini is 326dpi. If your eReader was the size of the iPad Pro, the dpi would be less.

Quote:
As for colour backgrounds and coloured text making reading more comfortable? Can you point to any peer reviewed studies that support that claim? Or is this your equivalent to those statements about eInk being more comfortable to read on that you so happily dump on?

The studies I looked at a while back featured comments such as:
Who needs peer reviewed studies? I have eyes. The reason it’s more comfortable reading in the dark with a dark color background and muted text is that the contrast is lower.

And the only thing I’m dumping on are the absurd claims that science proved reading on anything but paper or eInk was bad for your eyes. Complete rubbish.

“I like reading on eInk best”. Not rubbish at all. It’s a perfectly fine opinion and preference to have.

And now that eInk has color…it’s well…it’s only “not terrible” if reading on a tablet is something someone can’t do comfortably. Because the color on those devices is horrible.

But, you know, some folks will like it.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote