View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Kobo Seriously Malfunctioning after Upgrade: My Options?

Greetings,

Me being the impetuous early adopter that I am, I decided to upgrade my recently arrived Kobo reader, despite the early AM hours and the fact that I was on vacation. The process itself went smoothly (although I had some difficulty with the three-finger salute) but after it completed, I discovered that all my books were deleted, the device showed approximately 110 out of 160 MB free, and it no longer was recognized as a USB mass-storage device. It also locks up on shutdown which means, with the recent change in power management, I have to reset the device whenever I want to read my books if I don't fiddle with the thing every half-hour or keep it plugged into its charger. The device can read books that I've placed on my SD card and it can receive books on its diminished internal storage via Bluetooth (I just have to plug it in and then unplug it to get it to refresh its database). This means that, in addition to the storage space I am missing, I cannot synch the device with Kobo Desktop (which I was looking forward to) nor with Adobe Digital Editions, which eliminates library books and DRMed content. What are my options to remedy this? The device will still go into update mode if I do the three-finger salute; is there any way I can get an update binary to put on my SD card so that I can restore the device?

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote