View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 07:47 PM   #21
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks jackm8 for the info. I's offputting to say the least. Quoth, you haven't sold me any more than I was on reMarkable haha. The reviews elsewhere online put me off buying one a while ago. Elipsa 2E still looks like the best option.

I know that jumping through hoops with an Amazon device will drive me up the wall. I just want to be able to read Manga or a comic that was in cbr or cbz format without all the janky workarounds. If I can't sideload directly using drag and drop or via Calibre with good/native support on the reader it's going to make me regret my purchase.

The lower screen dpi on the Kobo doesn't bother me. I'd primarily use it for the odd pdf, maybe reading fiction and definitely for Manga and newer comics.

With the increasingly likely release of two new Kobo models I'm a little hesitent to buy anything right now. That said, it seems highly unlikely either will be larger than 8", so I probably shouldn't worry.

With the Amazon faff to get files to work, MTP only and the poor pdf engine, I'm turning away from the Scribe. I am considering leaving Amazon Prime too. Their prices for a lot of things I tend to buy are becoming less competitive and having Prime is mainly convenience for the (mostly unnecessary) next day delivery. They recently introduced delivery charges even for Prime members and Prime video is pay to view for many things I'd like to watch.

Buying a Kindle now would tie me to Amazon for longer too, which is what I think I want to avoid.

I'm talking myself out of buying the Scribe Both devices are far from cheap and trying to figure out which to buy was the purpose of starting the thread, so I'm happy the way it's going and really appreciate all the input and help.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote