View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 03:05 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
No-one here knows why they have MTP on the Scribe, unless they are working in Lab126.
Android doesn't even absolutely have to have MTP unless it's Google approved, and even if Scribe in the future is Android + MTP based, it doesn't need MTP now for that reason. Using the same SW as fire or app is irrelevant to MTP. MTP isn't involved with the apps on a client, only the USB and Client OS.

I would know nothing extra about MTP on a Scribe by owning one. No doubt I might know other things about a Scribe that Amazon is quiet about.

One aspect of Mass Storage vs MTP is that in Mass Storage Mode with Fat32 you can't safely run client apps when the host is connected. They are stopped. With USB Network, USB PTP and USB MTP the client apps can run.
Mass Storage on USB doesn't have to be FAT32 or exFAT. Apple HPFS, NTFS, Ext2, Ext4 etc all work on it, but only safely if either the client gadget OS understands those or if it's an SD card, Flash or HDD via USB Mass Storage. The problem is that only FAT32 and exFAT are are recognised by all the common Host OS.

If you make daft comments about Switzerland expect to be lectured by anyone with interest in European history or that's worked/lived in Switzerland. I've both.

Last edited by Quoth; 01-11-2024 at 03:22 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote