View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 01:33 PM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I'll second Lenovo tablets. They make very nice, inexpensive tablets.
Yes. Also the Yoga with broom-handle bulge at one edge is 10,000 mAH charge and amazing quality audio on built in speakers, better than any laptop I've used (1st was HP in 1998).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I was just looking at the TCL NXTPAPER yesterday. It doesn't look bad at all. But mostly seems like you could get the same effect with any tablet and a matte screen protector.
I'm willing to buy such an add-on for 10″ Lenovo Tab 10 or RCA Juno 10 and take comparative photos if anyone has a link that ships to Ireland at reasonable price.

The makers do shiny because it's cheapest and over bright video looks good with controlled light so there are no reflections (misleading marketing).
Decent matt finish that isn't a coating (that only works for TVs) is either expensive plastic (eink screens) or very expensive micro-etched tinted glass. You need the tint to reduce reflections from lower layers in the display, so a matt layer on top of existing glass won't be as good as Nxtpaper, but will help.

Reflections can cause severe headaches as your eyes unconsciously change focus fro the close display info and the farther away reflected object or light.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote