View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 12:13 AM   #1
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Windows beta testers needed

Hi all,

I have been working on fixing an issue that prevented calibre from detecting connected devices on some some windows 10 machines (where the devices were incorrectly being reported as fixed, instead of removable storage by the operating system). I think I have solved the issue, unfortunately, the solution required a complete rewrite of the way calibre detects devices that show up as drives in windows.

I have tested the new code with all my windows machines and al my devices, going back to an old SONY PRS-650 and they all work, but given the large number of devices and OS combinations possible, there is no way for me to be comprehensive in my testing.

So I'm asking for a little help from the community. Please install the calibre beta from here: https://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/ and test it out with your devices.

If any devices that are detected by normal calibre installs fail to be detected, please post the output from Preferences->Miscellaneous->Debug device detection (with your device connected)

Needless to say, you can always downgrade from the beta to regular calibre by simply un-installing the beta and installing the regular calibre release. Doing so will not affect your calibre books/settings/plugins.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote