View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 07:29 PM   #46
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
For people who selected "Yes," how many of you edit the actual book itself vs just editing the metadata/cover photo?
I always update the metadata. What info comes with the book is often times junk. Missing descriptions or crappy descriptions that are more praise for the author than synopsis of plot. Author names inconsistent with what I have for other books by the same author. Horrible tags, or 25 million tags. Publisher names, ISBN numbers, language - I delete all those fields.

I don't consider this "editing the book". Creating good metadata is just one step in adding a book to Calibre IMHO.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote