Thread: Ebooks and Age
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #9
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Give me a few more years and I'll be one of those women over 45.

Currently my purchases are less romance and more mystery, speculative fiction and non-fiction but that's partly because I picked up all the Heyer books some time back (and because most of my other books with love stories have been sold under other categories).

As for the general market for romance; I remember just how many romance novels my Grandmother had piled up in heaps in corner of her house, how many Romance novels could be found in any place selling used books, the library which had a bookcase where anyone could freely add and remove Romance novels (it was generally stuffed full with an always changing selection of books) ......

My assumption is that the tendency of avid romance readers to consume lots and lots of books meshes well with the ability to buy-on-demand without needing to clear out piles of old books, add to that the number of people who like writing romance (see any fanfic site for examples) and the ability for authors and buyers to find each other.... I'm fairly certain that the ability to avoid being judged for one's choice in reading material is a relatively minor issue.

BTW my taste in books did not magically change when I became a mother so why M0mmy P0rn?
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote