View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 03:48 AM   #11
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
I put it aside for a while to read more tempting books, but now I've picked it up again and intend to finish it. The hero is now in Nimes and has met Denise again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I am amused by the amazing coincidences of his various meetings on the road.
Heh, I agree A lot of amazing coincidences in Nimes as well.

I can't remember any explanation for the red cockade -- was it there, and I overlooked it?
There's the tricolor cockade of the revolution, and the white cockade the nobility wears in the beginning. Then we saw Denise wearing a red cockade, telling a story I thought was a lie about wearing it for the person she loves. And in Nimes it seems from context that the red cockade is the symbol of the anti-revolution church faction, but I can't remember anyone talking about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I was unconvinced by the Romance aspect of the story.
I agree. I can well believe getting a crush on each other after the dramatic night of the fire, but they have hardly spoken to each other, so those strong feelings of love aren't convincing to me.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote